Operation of Traditional mechanical Field
1973: Our company was established on May 23 in 1973 as a branch of machine tools research and design Institute.
1979: Our company was renamed into the Research, Design and Manufacturing Institute for Industrial Machinery and Instruments, abbreviated name’s “Industrial Machinery and Instruments Institute”.
1993: Name of Our company was Industrial Machinery and Instruments Institute, abbreviated name’s ” IMI Institute”.
This period, Operations of company focused on researching CNC machine tools, constructing infrastructure such as Office, production factories, etc…
Operation in mechatronic field
Decisions of establishing:
- Decision No.380QD/TCNSDT dated on June 26th, 1993 issued by the Minister of Heavy Industry has renamed the Machine Tools and Instruments Institute, renamed into the Research, Design and Manufacturing Institute for Industrial Machinery and Instruments, abbreviated name’s “Industrial Machinery and Instruments Institute”;
- Decision No.139/QD-TTg dated on February 8th, 2002 issued by the Prime Minister has converted the Industrial Machinery and Instruments Institute, converted into an enterprise of science and technology activities, organized under the pilot model of Parent company – Subsidiaries;
- Decision No.56/2002/QD-BCN dated on December 18th, 2002 issued by the Minister of Industry has converted the IMI Holding, a member of Machinery and Industrial Equipment Corporation, converted into an enterprise directly under the Ministry of Industry, which is operating in scientific and technological field. It now has been reorganized and operated in Holding – Subsidiary pilot model;
- Decision No.1508/QD-BCN dated on May 3th, 2007 on the appointment the management members of Parent company – IMI Holding;
- Decision No.22/2007/QD-BCN dated on May 24th, 2007 approving the Regulation on organization and operation of the Industrial Machinery and Instruments Holding – enterprise of science and technology activities, organized under the pilot model of Parent company – Subsidiaries;
Operations of science and technology enterprise model
2010: Our company renamed Industrial Machinery and Instruments Holding
Ltd.Co, Abbreviated name’s IMI Holding.
2014: IMI Holding was renamed into Industrial Machinery and Instruments Holding jsc.
Presently, IMI HOLDING is the company that has model of parent company – subsidiaries with state-owned, and also known as sci-tech enterprise – Ministry of Industry and Trade. IMI HOLDING’s operation has focused on three main fields:
- Scientific and technological field:
Research and development (R&D) of science and technology in many fields of industry: special processing technology, metal machining technology with and without shavings, corrosion and anti-corrosion, machine-tool, metrology and automatic control, mechatronic, pollution treatment technique, hydraulic system, informatics technology in machinery manufacture;
Apply high-tech research for designing and manufacturing of machines, equipments and new – tech lines in industries;
Providing advanced training for higher/postgraduate study in mechanic and electronic;
Investment, consultancy, technology transfer and supply of scientific and technological services which consist of setting up and assessing investment projects, consultancy of manage projects, tenders, economic contracts, purchase equipments and technologies;
- Training field:
IMI-Holding trains Engineering doctors in Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics, trains post-graduate experts in high-tech, trains experts in the field of CNC, trains engineers in Mechatronics. Tutors of these research students are scientists (Prof. Dr.) from IMI in cooperation with Professors, Associate Professors from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology.
IMI holding provides short-term training course on high-tech in the field of Mechanical engineering: CAD/CAM, CNC, EMD, wire cutting, tooling design for plastic molding.
These courses help to enhance knowledge and working skills for engineers, workers of factory in Viet Nam. End of each course, students will receive certificate of IMI.
Since 2007, IMI Holding in collaboration with the University of Engineering and Technology (Vietnam National University Hanoi) has been training mechatronic engineers.
In 2009, IMI Holding awarded scholarship to students of first and second course in Mechatronics conducted by above joint training program.
- Production – Business field:
Manufacture and trade, supply and install of machines and technological equipments, automatic control systems, industrial electronic systems and application soft ware in industrial manufacture;
Exporting and importing all kinds of raw materials, electronic components, machines, equipments and technological lines in industry;
Investing finance for its subsidiary companies and other enterprises;